Monday, December 6, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

So I finally made some progress in decorating for Christmas. The kitchen is done. I started decorating a tree for the kitchen when my oldest granddaughter was two. I had always wanted to have a tree in the kitchen with sweets. Grandchildren have given me the incentive to do some things I have put off for years. What a wonderful memory this will be for her one day. The baker..
(from Khols)

I love these glass ornaments of candy.. We lost a few last year..

Cute isn't he?

I wrote a note on the bottom of this one for my granddaughter documenting the first Christmas we baked together. 
The Pillsbury dough boy! I love his shaker.


Another baker (again from Khols) got him 1/2 off. Gotta love that 
My latest Santa, found at Home Goods this year.. love the vintage look

View of my hutch.. Pottery went up when the grands came along. The evil looking Santa has been around for over 16 years.I painted this one over 10 years ago

Closeup of the pottery.. I love it because my husband has bought it for me on trips.


Find at Crate and Barrel is perfect for the tree.. the table runner I usually make but for 12.95 at Home Goods I decided to pass all that work.  
Thanks for the visit. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Beverly. You are so gifted and talented! I pray your Christmas will be the best ever! ~Brenda Frison~

kalyxcorn said...

so cool, beverly!

Unknown said...

Great pics. Love the kitchen tree theme.

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

I appreciate your comments. Lots of fun to put together. Always wanted to capture things on the camera as I see them, this inspires me to try to do that.