Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bed Room Finished, Maybe

Remember the pic I found at the Thrift Store?
I thought it would be perfect in the master bedroom. You know how things snowball when you start with one thing and it leads to another?
Well then I found these cuties for $2 each at GW.
I know they were meant for the kitchen but I thought the colors were great in the bedroom.  
Then I needed some brown with texture.. so I made this pillow out of burlap.. so cheap but  boy is it a mess to sew! But, the pillow is great. 

  Then I needed some contrast to tie it in.. so I used painters cloth and stenciled this design that brought in the coffee pics.
Then I needed a Pinkie and Blue Boy I found on ebay.. the frames were that 50's old gold so I gave them a little coat of off white to go w/ everything else. (I love Pinky and Blue Boy) as you will see.
I adore them. ...

Then came the drapes I made to match the bedspread.
My camera has not been well.. but the color in the spread coordinates w/ the turquoise drapes and they are trimmed in brown. BTW my walls do not have a pink hue, just a beige.
The lamps have a bluish background and are brown w/ brown burlap. Just sat my new frames up and haven't had a chance to put in pics. Of course I pulled out a vintage church fan I have had for years.

Then came the cream of the crop for me.. I am so excited!!!


Blue Boy!!! I found this one at my thrift store for $12.99, and it is wonderful. I think it is from the 50's or 60's. It is beautiful. My Mom had Pinky and Blue Boy hanging in our home when I was a little girl. I am still looking for Pinky. I sure can't get it on ebay.. wayyy too expensive for me.
Isn't he great?
It is textured on hardboard.. I love him.
Finally, I wanted to show you a pic I found at HG last week when I got the sheep and hog.. for only $12.99 for real! The pic is on burlap like fabric and is huge.. I couldn't believe it. It has a little blue in it which my camera didn't catch.. so, I thought I would put it on an empty wall in the BR. And you know what that will start.. yep here I go w/ doing the bathroom over (which it so needs.)

As promised I would pick a winner for my giveaway tonight.. and the winner is...
Kirsten @ Mushki Loves..
Kirsten please send me an email and I will get your
cookbook out to you. 
Thanks to everyone that has joined my blog.. how great it has been to have the privileged to meet such great people.. there is a lot of talent out there.. I mean a lot!
 Hope you have a great weekend.
yep, got to look into the camera thing..



Sharing at




Kim's great party at 







22 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your room is turning out stunning. I love your pinky and blue boy. The colors and the fabrics are lovely and the accessories are just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Linda said...

Oh I love your bedroom!! The colors are wonderful! The real Pinky and Blue Boy are here in Southern California at the Huntington Library...we have seen it and they are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that my grandmother has Pinkie. Those pictures look like ones I've seen for y-e-a-r-s in a relative's house, but I can't remember who. My Grandmother and Great Aunt are the only people I know who literally have not changed their home decor in 30 years, so it's probably one of them.

I simply adore your mix of bedding fabrics and textures, and the room as a whole is very lovely!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Your bedroom is so well thought out and planned so beautifully. You have done an excellent job.
I love all the colors and your wall decor is devine.

hugs
Sissie

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Your bedroom is fabulous! Love your color choices and the way you pulled it together. That church fan reminds me of my aunt's little church in the country where we would visit in the summers when we were little kids. Where did you get that beautiful stencil? Don't tell me you made it! Linda

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beverly, Your bedroom is so pretty! I love the colors and your new drapes and pillows. Everything has come together beautifully.
xo,
Sherry

Miss Char said...

I had to laugh at your blog today....one thing sends you down the path to another to achieve the look. Also having worked with burlap to make a table runner I feel your pain on the mess. Your room is beautiful and congratulations on finding your Blue Boy.

Marigene said...

Beautiful...love the fabrics you have used on the bed.

Babs said...

Beverly, You bedroom looks so inviting. I love the blue, cream and brown combination and especially like the pillows you made. I'm a pillow nut.
Have a great week,
Babs

The French Hutch said...

WOW, love the new bedroom. I'm in love with the burlap pillow and your did a great job on the stenciled pillow. Your blue boy looks great over the bed. Lovely fabrics in your BR. I'm visiting over from MM.
Have a great week enjoying your new BR

~Emily
The French Hutch

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice finds. Great job on the pillow. Everything works beautifully together.

Allison Shops said...

lol One thing always leads to another! Your boys are handsome finds. Lovely room.
Dropping by from Met Monday. I'll hope you'll come see the nursery I helped create for my first grandchild.

Allison
Atticmag

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

some great finds! It all looks great together.

Unknown said...

some great finds and your bedroom looks lovely!

foreverdecorating said...

This room is coming together so nicely. I adore blue and brown. When I was growing up, my mom loved to paint ceramics and she had me stand like the pinky and blueboy were standing to paint their eyes correctly. I don't know what happened to those figurines but they were pretty.

Belle Abner said...

I love Pinky & Blue Boy! My grandmother had prints hanging in her livingroom....and I now have a Pinky/Blue Boy 1/2 bath....sweet prints...and I have also found a Lefton China Pinky & Blue Boy too...they are beautiful! I enjoyed your post!

Donna said...

I love thrifting too, and you've found some amazing treasures! I really love the frames painted white. So much better than the gold. And your pillow turned out just beautiful. So true that one thing leads to another:)

Olive said...

You will find Pinkie. Eventually. I always run into what I want in the long run while thrifting and hardly ever resort to paying the big price for anything. The bedroom is beautiful and I especially like the bedding. ♥Olive

abeachcottage said...

Your bedroom looks so cozy and your bedspread is lovely. Blueboy looks like he really belongs there :) hope you find Pinky soon.

Made In The South said...

What wonderful thrift store finds. Your room is just beautiful. I love you bed spread and shams. (but blue is my favorite color)
You have really pulled it together great.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next, Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly! You've been on a roll! Love all the wonderful things you've found! You did great on transforming those frames! Your Blue Boy and Pinky are so sweet! Your big Blue Boy is beautiful!
Love your pillows and all of your bed linens! Your bedroom is jut beautiful!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous; love the pillows! I have the same little prints of Pinky and Blue Boy, and I also painted the frames white! Great minds think alike ;-)