Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Fix

Remember the lamp I bought from GW and couldn't figure out where to put it or what kind of shade to use?
you can see here http://southernhomesweethome.blogspot.com/2011/02/help-needed.html
I got lots of great suggestions from you guys... some of which I still plan to use on another lamp shaped similar. I think  sometimes you may just need to look at things a while (and obsess about it) .. I know some of you guys do that too..  So I did some moving around..  ok a lot of moving around.. and finally think I  figured it out.. in fact I love the new arrangement and the new shade!

Yesterday I went to Home Goods to take back the shade .. the one I had on the smaller lamp.. and low and behold there it was!... the perfect shade.. I love the way it looks... I am so excited.. I love a  $7.00 lamp.. I have to tell you guys in blog land, I would have never thought of a shade like this before blogging, or thrifting for a lamp as a matter of fact... I get such great ideas and inspiration from you guys... not to mention it helps to look at pics of your rooms.. don't you think?.. when I posted the pics, I noticed it looked a little off on that side of the room.. It bothered me..( I think about stuff like that in bed when I should be going to sleep) that's when it occurred to me I had a great piece in the back hall .. (which was way too crowded) Then of course I had to convince hubs that it is a good idea to move the furniture.. you know what I mean... yep I got the big sigh .. and the "you think" but he did it.. yeah..




Don't you think that looks better? I hope so.. I think It opened the room up.. still have to do some touching up on the paint.. oops .. Can you believe I had that piece of furniture in a back hall at the laundry and garage? I think I am going to distress it.. It was a family piece that I hated until we painted it a while back.. then instant love. Wish I had before pics.

Took a while to decide how to fill the hutch..

this pic was thrift store find.. the colors are perfect.. got to get a frame..

Cute bear book huh? It was $1.00 at the thrift store..the doll was made as a gift to me from my cousin.. she is adorable.. the Wee Folks Old Testament book is passed down from family.. I love all of these things together.
And don't you love this book?


Most everything in the hutch is thrift finds.. the pic on top, the pitcher and the sugar bowl.. Pretty cheap makeover...
Here is the dresser (yep it was a Victorian dresser with a marble top .. it has one of those wildly ornate mirrors) I think the mirror is just too large and too much for our home so I decided to take it off and use the dresser like this..

The tea set was an eBay find.. anyway.. I like this side of the room better in the room like this .. Hope you do.. Oh yea, the little lamp is somewhere else..still not sure about her shade but I am sure I will keep thinking about it ...(in bed when I should be sleeping) Oh yea still working on the frame and the print.

Thanks for stopping by.. Have a great Monday   

Linking up to

Metamorphosis Monday
at

Susan has an awesome redo of a home office! You will be glad you checked it out.
&

Show off Your Cottage Monday
At

http://www.houseinroses.blogspot.com/

&
Debbie doos Newbie Party at
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

&
Master Piece Monday
http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/

Amaze Me Monday
http://www.dittledattle.blogspot.com/

Home Maker on a Dime

http://www.homemakeronadime.com/ 

25 comments:

lvroftiques said...

OK I have to say I wasn't "crazy" about that lamp.....but with the new shade it does look pretty fabulous! And LOVE the hutch! And the way you have it arranged. Vanna

Emelia DiCarlo said...

Your decor is just beautiful and arranged so nicely. I love your accents and the green rooster ceramic. Thank you for sharing, Emelia.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the shade it goes great with the lamp and moving the black piece of furniture in the room looks just gorgeous! Yes, it helps to see pics of the room at least it does for me:)

Rondell

Melissa Miller said...

Beverly your home is gorgeous and I adore the lamp. Thank you for following along on my blog so I could find yours. It's lovely and I will be back often I can tell already. Stop by and see me anytime sweet friend.

Blessings to you and yours.
Warmly, ~Melissa :)

DIYbyDesign said...

Everything is truly beautiful and I really love that lamp. Your home is gorgeous. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come by my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

Debbiedoos said...

Hi there Beverly! Nice to meet you and welcome to blogsville! I am so happy you found my newbie party. What a gorgeous home you have and such great taste. Don't you love the new pillow from Marshall's? I thought it was a good buy too, considering I had a 10.00 off coupon as well. Well have fun at the party. See you again soon. XO

Gayle from Vintage Farmhouse said...

I found our blog on DebbieDoos. I like how you have put together the room. You did a great job on the kitchen redo. I have become a follower.

Sherryd said...

Hello Beverly, visiting by way of Debbiedoos Blogging and Blabbing. So glad I came by! What a lovely home you have! Love the lamp!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Your room is so lovely! Lamp shade looks great! Just found your pretty blog via Debbie's newbie party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
Have a great day!
Tammy

THE VERANDA HOUSE said...

YOR HOME IS SO BEAUTIFUL NICE LAMP YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL TASTE ,LOVE YOUR CHILDRENS BOOKS TO......XO...SANDRA

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This is a beautiful room-so relaxing. I love the shade on the lamp and the painting. I am now following. Hope you will visit me, too.

At The Picket Fence said...

I love absolutely everything about this room and every time I see it my heart goes pitter patter! It just speaks to my traditional, classic anglophile heart! :-)
Vanessa
p.s. We're having a GIVEAWAY over at the Fence!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Your lamp is gorgeous! And your room looks classy and very pretty :)

By the way, we have a Swap Followings Linky Party going on right now where you get to meet excellent bloggers and increase your followers in the process. It's easy to join - just whip up a post and include the party button in the post then link up and start following other bloggers in the party so they can follow you, too. I'll be honored if you party with us at http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/03/swap-followings-linky-pary-030711.html. See you there :)

Dear Sweet Home said...

Love it all! I adore Southern Style Decor! The childrens books are great. I am very glad that I found your blog :)

Nan @ Playful Decor said...

I love that shade! I am having the same problem with lamps & shades. Just got a set from Lowe's and love it, but doesn't go with sofas! Your shade would work. I'll check my Home Goods! Glad I stopped by from Homemaker's Blog Swap. Have a great week!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I really like the new look. The large piece looks really good, and I like some of the older items you have in there. The marble-top table looks very nice, too.
CAS

Youaretalkingtoomuch.com said...

too pretty! What a beautiful touch you have!
Love, me. www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

Miss Char said...

That shade is perfect! What a difference it makes with the lamp. Your room setting is beautiful, I like the silver tea set with the cage, nice contrast. Thanks for sharing.

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

I just found your blog via the newbie linky party and I'm your newest follower. I love the colors you used in your living room. I also love the image you used in your blog header and the green background. It's very serene. Come visit me at Brambly. Have a wonderful evening!

Ann-Marie

gena said...

What a lovely home ! Thanks for stopping by Lavender Hill ! I'm your newest follower !

gena

Sam | Away She Went said...

Thanks for stopping by and following me! I appreciate it. And thank you for the sweet comment, I knew I had to check out your blog when you mentioned "thrift finds"! I love them in the room.

Beverly said...

It all looks fantastic. I do the same thing in bed. I've solved lots of problems when I should have been sleeping.

Beverly said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments.. I really do appreciate your visits.

emilysnan said...

hiya i came here via homemaker on a dime and i an glad i did x i am following you and maybe you will do the same for me x
http://emilysnan.blogspot.com/
xmaggiex

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

Looks great!I think the new lamp shade looks great. I am a follower now, found you on Homemaker on a dime.
Crystal