Thursday, March 24, 2011

My New Thrift Loot

My Mom decided she wanted to decorate her house with a new look. Of course my first idea was to head to the local thrift store. I scored but she was not interested at all.. However, I did talk her into a couple of beautiful pictures of clipper ships.. of course she wants me to paint the frames. In spite of her lack of enthusiasm  I had a good day.
First I wanted to show you this vintage baby scale I found a few weeks ago.. isn't it the cutest? I bought it for my daughter who is a photographer.. she loved it!

I love the little graphics on it.
So back to this trip.. bunnies!
Cute for $1 .. 

and another $1.00 bunny.. I can never have too many
bunnies
Won't he be cute with an egg in his wagon?
Avon stamped on the bottom.
Now... for finer things
Haven't polished this yet but I can tell it will turn out beautiful.. Sheridan silver.. I had really wanted one of these. I got the boat and the tray for $5. Not bad.

There may be a spot or two that I will have to work hard on.. it seems more like tarnish since it came off on my hand, but I will still like it if it is worn some.
Now, saved the best for last.. I love this!
Can you tell what it is?
Do you know what it is yet?
Yet?
I love the detail.


A butter dish! Now I know it may not polish perfect.. I see some areas..but I think it is wonderful. I am so excited... my Mom not so much.. I will say she always likes my finds after they are cleaned and shined.. Mom, gotta get your hands dirty and dig for treasures. I know all you treasure hunters out there know what I mean.. I absolutely love the hunt.. I know you do too.. Thanks for stopping by. Oh yeah Mom ended up buying new stuff.. to each his own. I like my old stuff better.
Would love for you to leave me a note that you stopped in.. any information you might have about the butter dish I would love... It was not marked. 
Have a great weekend!

Whooo lots of parties and pretty things to see this weekend!










  

12 comments:

Sharon Lee Johnson said...

Great bunnies, especially as Easter is approaching. You got some fabulous silver finds. I like a bit of tarnish on my silverware - I think it gives it more character, as though it has a story to tell. Have a lovely weekend. x Sharon

Miss Char said...

I'm in love with that butter dish Beverly and I did guess what it was! Luck guess.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your scale~ swoon!

I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Beverly said...

Great finds, Beverly. I don't recall ever seeing a footed silver butter dish, and I love it.

Love your chalkboard, too.♥

Susie said...

Wow you really scored! I have that exact same scale I purchased off of ebay and I have a footed silver butter dish that my mother won for a bridge tournament back in the 60's. I wish I could find some cute bunnies like that.
Great Finds

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Thanks so much for stopping by.. Glad to know the butter dish is probably that old. It cleaned up beautiful. Need to post it..

Arlene said...

Love the butter dish. Great find. I like a little tarnish also. I left my large size sterling silver fork and spoon (that I used as salad tongs) at a friend's home (tarnished) and her husband cleaned it for me before returning it!! I bought sterling silver sugar spoons and my husband added them to the kitchen cabinets as handles. LOVE THEM!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love your sweet bunnies and that silver butter dish is fantastic!! What great finds~thanks for sharing them at FNF! :)

The Charm of Home said...

Beverly,
How awesome your finds were! I love your Avon bunny and the silver. Just wonderful! Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Great finds Beverly~
I love the butter dish!
Wow! What a super find.
I would guess that would be very valuable if you were to have found it on Ebay, have you checked yet?
Thanks for sharing!
xx
a

Judi said...

Hi I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your picutres. I love shopping in the thrift stores. I am like you I'd rather decorated in the vintage finds than the new things in the stores. But oh well someone has to buy the new things and those are usually the ones that are giving away the goodies we find in the thrift stores, so we need them to keep buying new,.
Anyway just thought would add that I have a butter dish just like yours. I don't know much about it but it should have a glass dish liner. Mine does. Guess you can put your butter on the metal?? but maybe sometime in your hunts you will find a liner too. Good luck and keep showing your finds.

Beverly said...

Thanks guys.. love reading your comments.. you know I forget to look back for comments when I post new things.. gotta get over my learning curve. Alison.. you know I didn't think about that.. duh, Judi.. thought I would buy a cheap butter dish.. those clear ones like at wally world.