Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bunnies

I had these pics of bunnies in my files and have been wanting to share them with you... but I have not had much extra time this week to work on them. Today I worked on my blog,and this morning I stayed up until 3:00 working on a video for the Great Strides Walk in honor of my granddaughter who has Cystic Fibrosis. I would love to share it with you later. It was a hard thing to do but it was a labor of love.
So this is going to be a short ... GOT to hit the hay tonight! Anybody else out there love bunnies?

He is great don't you think? This is a paper egg..got him from Tuesday Morning years ago.. thought about filling him with eggs when the kids were young and still home but that never happened.. what, let him end up in a toy box somewhere.. Nope!

and a smaller one

He keeps a watch over my crock on top of my hutch.. a recent buy at Home Goods. 
A metal tray I found at Kirklands sooo many years ago.. on sale for a scratch.. maybe $5.00.. these guys sit in a corner on my counter in the kitchen. Love the detail in the picture.
A canvas pic from Kirklands years ago also... I just saw these guys in print on an art site... wow a lot more than I paid! In the kitchen also. Hey I  need to refinish that frame!
And... this is a find for me!!! I saw these guys two weeks at Goodwill.. boy I grabbed them up so fast my daughter did a double take.. I had to have them before someone else got to them for $4.00 .. score!!! to me anyway.. but here is the catch.. the top had  a chip.. Now a chip rarely bothers me.. does it bother you? Anyhow, home with me they came.. got out my acrylic paints did a touch up.. no shine...hmmm.. wonder how clear nail polish would work on top of that paint? Hey.. did you catch the moss bunny hopping on the top of the flowers?
Pretty good, I am going to put another coat on when the hydrangeas come out.. don't you love them in the vase? 
And this lady sits on top of my mantle.. I know her ear is repaired.. but she will stay. I have never seen another like her.. a Carolina Pottery find years ago.
Do you think I have too many.. I don't, I would take another in a heart beat.. as a matter of fact I am going to Dollar Store tommorow to see if they have any to paint and stain.. Dollar Tree had none this week.. In recent years it is harder to find a cute bunny ... at least where I am looking. Any ideas?
Thanks for hopping by!
I am linking to

Fridays Unfolded

 at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

5 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Beautiful!!!

Fields of gold said...

They are just darling! Some of my most delightful finds come from Good Will! Great scores. Oh, and I love that last bunny all the more for her repaired ear. So sweet!

Miss Char said...

Beverly, I'm in love with your bunnies, actually I'm in love with ALL bunnies. That second picture of the bunnies is beautiful, I'm going to have to look that one up. Thanks so much for sharing your bunnies, I'll be taking some pictures of mine a little later.

Just Be Real said...

Wonderful Bev. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ I think your bunnies are just darling! I have a few around the house and one who had an ear break off last year...but I love him nonetheless!! Your rabbits are all so sweet - that print is beautiful and the little planter from GW is such a treasure! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)