Friday, March 11, 2011

A sneak peak

My plans to have pictures ready of my table setting didn't pan out today, but I am going to just give you a sneak peak at the china I used.  This china was a gift from my Father in Law. I had admired the set at my in laws china cabinet on a visit to them a few years ago. My Father in Law told me it was a gift to him from a neighbor many years ago. She had handed it down to him when she was in her 90's. So when the china arrived in NC from Maine I was thrilled. I really have not received another gift from them that has meant more to me. Not only did I love the china but I am grateful that this special gift given to him would be handed down to me. This china is the pattern Japan by J & G Meakin. Meakin begin producing it in1890. It is a green and white transfer ware that is edged in gold.

 
The butter pat dishes
The butter dish


 I will be putting the post with the table setting for a table up in the next few days. I am excited for you to see the table.. I hope you will stop back by to see how it turned out!
Thank you for stopping by. I would love for you to leave me a note.. I love getting to see all your blogs and getting to know you. Have a lovely weekend.

Linking to

At

&
@
&

@


12 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

Oh my, I'll be the first one to see it! I have seen this pattern while looking through the Meakin patterns, but none of the photos did it justice. It is gorgeous, and I cannot wait to see it!!

lvroftiques said...

Oh I can't wait to see it! Your green transferware is so gorgeous! Vanna

Miss Char said...

Beverly, this is a stunning pattern, the serving pieces just speak to me. Also what a wonderful story as to how you came to have this beautiful set and I'm sure it makes it much more treasured. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see your tablescape.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Stunning set you got!..Lovely writeup too..
Beautiful blog :)

Have a nice day..

Sanghamitra.
http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Girl, that transferware is divine! I will be checking back to see the table for sure!

Tricia said...

What a pretty set of dishes. I love transferware :)

Beverly said...

Thank you guys.. love getting your nice comments

Anonymous said...

Oh Beverly this is a gorgeous set of dishes!! How blessed that your FIL heard you and actually sent them to you! I have had several instances where family threw things or gave to good will and never heard that I would love to have a family piece.

I can't wait to see the table setting!

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

This is the MOST GORGEOUS set of dishes EVER!!! I am "Just going to have to find a few cups&saucers for MOI"!!!IF I can find them, they are "Dazzling". LOVE THE COLOR, AND I do LOVE,LOVE,LOVE that story. How special for you!
Thank you for sharing,
Hugs, Donna

lvroftiques said...

Thank you for your kind comment Beverly. It really made my day! Vanna

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you very much for your visit and for your sweet comment. OMG! I just love this china, so very nice of your FIL to have given it to you, he must really love you. Every piece of it is gorgeous...the plates, the cups and saucers, the butter dish, the gravy boat and the queen, the Tureen.
Stunning china!
Let's keep visiting each other, we might be always be surprised with pretty things.
XO
FABBY

Alison Agnew said...

what pretty china and that butter dish is adorable...so glad you linked up to fridays unfolded!

blessings,

alison
stuff and nonsense