Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birds and Bunnies

So today I wanted to stay home and work on my blog. However my granddaughter had a follow up appointment at Duke and the choice of the day became clear to me.. what would be the most important thing for me when I look back on my life? My granddaughter of course? Right? Her appointment was an answer to prayer. At four years old she works harder at her health than I ever have in my life. She is truly my hero. So if my blog is not the greatest today.. it will be OK. Sophie I love you with all my heart.

I wanted to share a pic of a linen hand towel I embroidered last year for the spring. I used my Bernina (I love that machine) I found the pattern at http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/. They have every designer you can think of.

You can hardly see where it has unraveled.. right? Right?
It's OK I still love the towel.. I cut my threads too short.. something you will not do but a couple of times until you learn the hard way.


he looks sweet with this old glass bunny.


I love it with the bird candle sticks (remember those from the thrift store?) Not a bad $5. The silver tray is also from the thrift store... I think it was around $3. 

Wanted you to be able to see the stitch detail on him. Doesn't he say welcome Spring?

Hope your week has been a good one. 
Thank you for all your support to me as a new blogger. It is appreciated!

I am linking to

@.

(who by the way is experiencing the grandma thing) check out her beautiful granddaughter)
&

Judy at GREAT blog!
@

10 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a sweet towel! Pefect for spring!

Babs said...

Beautiful little blue bird to welcome Spring..
Your vignette is adorable with the all the birds keeping the little blue bird company.... and I almost forgot the cute bunny snuggling there. Have a great day tomorrow.

Becca Bertotti said...

So dainty and pretty! And, I love your little blue bunny, too. Promises of Spring .... *Becca*

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

Just so pretty and simple. I love Spring!

Beverly said...

It is all so lovely, Beverly. I love all of the sweet birds. I'm feeling like spring, too.

Bless your sweet little Sophie. There are miraculous things happening at Duke, and there are countless people dedicating their lives to making the lives of others better.

Beverly said...

Thank you so much.. I enjoy embroidery .. it is good therapy when I can find the time. Yes Beverly there are wonderful things happening in the CF arena right now. I believe we will soon see a miracle.

DIYbyDesign said...

I absolutely love that bird. The embroidery is beautiful. Thank you so much for linking up to the Swing into Spring party. Hope to see you again next week.

Machine Embroidery Designs said...

I agree with Judy, the embroidery is really beautiful! Did you use a machine embroidery design for that?

Beverly said...

I did.. I have a Bernina.. I bought a set of birds from OPW they carry a variety of differnt embroidery designers. Thank you for the compliment.

Leslie Love said...

Beautiful design! I absolutely love that. Was that a machine embroidery design? Also, do you know where I could get free machine embroidery patterns?