Sunday, November 3, 2013

It was a Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I have to say I was dreading it.. not really into the whole birthday thing since I have gotten older. I mean it's just another day right? Getting older, another year, presents, and cake. Well this year things took a turn and  proved me wrong.. it is not what it is about. I took the day to reflect on my blessings. I am the mother of two beautiful girls that have given me 5 (FIVE) beautiful grandchildren! All the sudden my small family of four has become a beautiful family of 11. What a wonderful thing, huh?

I also have been blessed with an wonderful hobby or as most would say talent of sewing.. take a look at these cookies my daughter made for me!!! How amazing are these?

 
I have my health, my home. I have the hope of a miracle drug coming forward that will change life as we know it now in the next coming year. (more to come about that)
 
We did have a birthday celebration .. we had a wonderful dinner out, there were great presents, cookies (beautiful cookies).. but most of all it was a time to enjoy family and  reflect on how much the Lord has blessed me. I think this year was the year to change what a birthday means to me. It will no longer be about an aging process, a cake, or presents.. it will now be a celebration of what a wonderful life I have and the wonderful things to come.
 
:)
 
Beverly

2 comments:

Sue W said...

Beautifully said. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

I really like this post its information and gifts for children's.

Wholesale Branded Clothing
Wholesale Childrens Jackets